Monday, September 1, 2008

Kambri J Cowley

She is here! We are so excited that Kambri arrivevd at 12:08 am August 30, 2008. She weighed 5 pounds 14 ounces and was 17" long. We had been to the doctors office earlier that day, where the nurses all said again, "I can't belive you still haven't had that baby" since I had been having fairly regular contractions since 35 weeks and went to the hospital a week earlier with contractions every 8 minutes! So needless to say I figured we wouldn't have a baby until September 5th when they would induce me. At the doctor my contractions were every 10 minutes, but still not far enough along to go to the hospital so I told Jer lets just go to dinner. We grabbed Aspen and headed out to Los Hermanos since I figured I already had heartburn so what the heck! While we were waiting on the list my contractions got closer and I began wondering about my idea. We told the waitress we were going to a movie so they would get our food fast as my contractions continued to get closer and harder during dinner. Jer was ready to jump and run out the door just in case (I told him unless my water broke I was eating my meal! :D) On the way home we decided to stop by the hospital, it was 7 pm and they decided to "watch" me for a bit. After 1 1/2 hours I asked the nurse the plan since I was either taking Aspen to put her to bed or calling grandma, she said I have kids so I completely understand bedtime and will call the doctor. They decided to keep me since my contractions were 3 minutes apart and asked how soon I wanted an epidural? Finally, some relief! They moved me rooms while Jer took Aspen to grandma & grandpa's for the night and the anestesiaologist was on his way! We got settled about 9:30 pm with the epidural and Jer got back from dropping Aspen off. The doctor came in an broke my water and said we would just wait it out. We called Grandma Betty at 10:50 pm to let her know where we were and then it seemed like we had a baby. Fortunately the doctor was close and I was able to deliver amazingly fast. Kambri was wide eyed from the moment she got here, when she is awake she is looking everywhere checking things out. It only took us 2 days in the hospital to name her, but we wanted to make sure we had it right!





6 comments:

Tiff said...

Yeah she is so cute I can't believe it she is finally here - so crazy she is beautiful! I am glad everything went good you look amazing! I love the name - good work! can't wait to see her -

Marianne Martin said...

Congrats! Congrats! She really is wide-eyed- and soooooo adorable.

ALI said...

I love the one with Aspen holding her. So cute. We are glad she is finally here.

Natty said...

yeah she is here, what a doll!! I love her name too.

Lid said...

Congratulations!! She is so cute and makes me want one of my own. :) There is nothing like a brand new baby. You look really good in those pics. No fair. You don't even look like you just had a baby. Can't wait to meet her in person. Glad everything went well and you were able to finish your dinner. Haha. :)

Tiffy!! said...

What a little sweetie, I'm so glad everything went well for you. Cant wait to see her. Love the name!!